Narva-Jõesuu

 - Narva-Jõesuu beachNarva-Jõesuu is a small resort town in the Gulf of Finland at the mouth of the river Narva.

With its clean sand and healing pine forests, Narva- Jõesuu has been an important vacation place for many decades.

The first mention of Narva-Jõesuu was in 1503, from the notes of the master of Livonian Order W. Plettenberg. In 1684 the name "Hungerburg" (town of hunger) was given to it. Over the centuries the town has had several names until it was officially named Narva-Jõesuu (mouth of the Narva River) in 1922.

The first spa was opened in 1876 and at the beginning of the 19th century the town became a popular summer holiday destination for the St Petersburg nobility who called it "The Pearl of the Baltic Sea" or "Nordic Riviera."

Nowadays visitors to Narva- Jõesuu enjoy the numerous holiday centres and spas. It will also appeal to people, who enjoy clean white sandy beaches with pine forests, wooden-laced buildings and walking in the steps of great intellectuals of past centuries. It's an ideal stopover for people travelling between St Petersburg and Tallinn.



Tel +372 627 0500 | Fax +372 627 0501 | Vana-Viru 6, 10111 Tallinn ESTONIA | incoming@holidays.ee | www.estonianholidays.com